GP Bullhound, the European technology investment bank, showcased the outstanding contribution of Northern digital businesses to the UK’s economy at last night’s Northern Tech Awards, in Newcastle.
The awards celebrated the continued expansion of the Northern digital economy, which continues to go from strength to strength.
The Hut Group was awarded the Overall Judges’ Award, in recognition of its outstanding innovation, leadership and international impact in the e-commerce sector.
Alongside awards to nine outstanding tech companies, GP Bullhound compiled the Northern Tech 100 League with Tech North. This list recognises the fastest growing tech companies across the North and features high growth achievers such as Tyres on the Drive, Sky Betting & Gaming, and Panintelligence.
Data compiled by GP Bullhound and Tech North has shown that the 100 fastest growing tech firms in the North generated over £1.9bn in revenue in 2016, an increase of almost double compared with 2015.
The award winners were selected by a panel of high-profile judges, including Richard Flint, Chief Executive of Sky Betting and Gaming, David Rowan, former editor of WIRED UK, and Carol Kane, CEO and co-founder of Boohoo.
2017 Northern Tech Awards Winners:
- Fastest Growing Company – The Car Buying Group
- Fastest Growing Larger Company – Evolution Funding
- Local Hero Award – Dynamo
- Northern Star – Air Time Awards
- Judges’ Innovation Award – Zerolight
- Judges’ Award for International Success – Interact
- Judges’ Leadership Award – Godel Technologies
- Tech4Good Award – Reason Digital
- Young Entrepreneur Award – The Floow
- Overall Judges’ Award – The Hut Group